On today's episode, we're delving into the world of legal issues within your business with Berkley Sweetapple. As a litigation attorney, Berkley saw many entrepreneurs get into expensive legal trouble that could have been avoided with better contracts or legal help at the beginning of their journey.
Most business owners would agree that making sure their business is legally protected is a high priority but it's another story actually getting to that point. Regardless of where you're at in your biz, this episode has some super valuable legal information you won't want to miss!
- What prevents us from seeking legal help with our businesses when we're first starting out
- Why law and the legal side of your business can feel so intimidating or overwhelming
- Common legal problems Berkley sees with entrepreneurs and small businesses
- The dangers of using contracts found online from google or unreputable sources
- Necessary clauses you might be missing in your service contracts
- The potentially super expensive consequences of not investing in the legal side of your business before it's too late
- Berkley's experience juggling being a mom on top of being an attorney and an entrepreneur
You can check out Berkley's website and find her contract templates here. You can also follow Berkley on Instagram, @berkleysweetapple.
Sign up for our weekly email list by clicking here! Please check out my website where I'm always updating it with valuable content and free content like workbooks and such to help you propel your business forward!